Facts, figures and reports about Maine’s forests
- Maine’s Forest Economy 2016
- Maine’s Forest Economy 2013
- Secondary wood manufacturing in Maine: An ‘almost invisible’ $1.8 billion industry
- Measures of Growth 2019 — Maine Development Foundation
- Forests of Maine, 2018
- Maine Forestry Best Management Practices —Data Summary 2018-2019
- 2018 Silvicultural Activities Report (297 KB) Published: February 20, 2020
- 2018 Stumpage Price Report (538 KB) Published: December 19, 2019
- 2018 Wood processor Report (December 2, 2019)
Other Maine Forest Service Reports
- What Will My Woods Look Like? Before and After Timber Harvesting
- Forestry Best Management Practices (BMP) Use and Effectiveness: Data Summary 2018-2019 (4.74 MB) Published: May 2020
- 28. Emerald Ash Borer Information for Maine Landowners (537 KB) Published: October 18, 2019
- Forest & Shade Tree Insect & Disease Conditions for Maine: Summary 2018 (3.33 MB) Published: August, 2019
- Report on Maine Forest Service District Forester Program to the Joint Standing Committee on Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry of the 129th Maine Legislature, First Regular Session (376 KB) Published: March 2019
- Maine: Forest Health Conditions Highlights in 2019: Report to the USDA Forest Service (PDF | 1.4 MB)
- Forest & Shade Tree Insect & Disease Conditions for Maine: Summary 2018 | 3.33 MB Dated: August, 2019
- How much forest does Maine have?
- What trees grow in Maine‘s woods?
- How do trees vary thoughout the state?
- How has the forest changed over time?
- Who owns Maine’s forests?
- How much do they contribute to Maine’s economy?
- What about outdoor recreation?
- What about the environmental benefits of the forest?
- How much wood is harvested in the state?
- What is sustainable forestry?
- What about clear cutting?