The Council asked for the proclamation with two goals in mind. First, to show our neighbors across Maine that the forest products industry is rebounding, but also to let them know that there are forest-related businesses and organizations in every county in the state.
- Oct. 18-20, Augusta Civic Center, Visit the Council’s booth at the Maine Snowmobile Show. Nortrax is loaning us a logging simulator!
- Oct. 22, 9 a.m., Blaine House, Augusta – Gov. Janet Mills will announce the winner of the 2019 Austin Wilkins Award, created by the Maine TREE Foundation to recognize outstanding stewardship of the working forest.
- Oct. 23, 1 – 4:30 p.m., Symposium on Maine’s New Forest Economy, Wells Conference Center, University of Maine. Free and open to the public. Learn about national trends and innovations in sustainable forestry practices, product technologies, innovative applications and business reinvestment into Maine’s forest economy. Moderator Steve Schley, FOR/Maine, speakers Adam Constanta, Program Manager of Sustainability Metrics: NCASI; Dr. Adam Daigneault, UMaine School of Forest Resources; Dr. Joshua Henry, GO Lab; Beth Cormier, SAPPI North America. Read more.
- Oct. 23, Celebration of National Bioenergy Day, ReEnergy Liyermore Falls. Tours at 11:30 a.m., 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. RSVP to Jamie Jackson: (207) 320-7022 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more.
- Nov. 4, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. – 3rd Maine Modern Wood Heat Symposium, USM, Portland, 96 Falmouth St., Events Room, 7th floor, Glickman Library, sponsors,Maine Forest Service, Maine Statewide Wood Energy Assistance Team. Features panels and discussions about important new incentives for heating commercial and institutional buildings; industrial process heat, plus how public institutions and private companies can creatively finance new wood chip and pellet heating and CHP installations.
- Check out three display cases devoted to Maine’s forest products economy at Fogler Library, University of Maine, now through November.
- Read the Bangor Daily News special section devoted to Maine’s forest products economy, available Oct. 25. Ad deadline Oct. 9.