MFPC invites members to meet legislative candidates
All members are invited to meet local legislative candidates, get a look at the “roadmap” for Maine’s forest economy and, thanks to our sponsors, enjoy a complimentary breakfast. RSVP NOW
The Maine Forest Products Council (MFPC), Maine Woodland Owners, and Professional Logging Contractors (PLC) have invited all legislative candidates to attend one of five regional breakfasts (locations, dates and times below). We’ll provide a combreakfast, a little time for candidate stump speeches, and a chance for members
to talk with candidates.
MFPC, Maine Woodland, and the PLC will describe who we are and some of the issues that are important to us, but we also want to unveil the Strategic Planning Roadmap that we have all been working on for over a year as part of the FOR/Maine
project with partners such as the Maine Development Foundation, the University of Maine and Biobased Maine.
It’s a great opportunity to see how Maine’s forest industry can grow if a we agree on path forward. The goal of FOR/Maine is to strengthen existing forest products businesses, position the state as a leader in emerging global forest product markets, attract capital investments, and encourage prosperity for Maine’s rural communities.
Although the breakfast is free, we do need an accurate count for the caterers. To sign up for a breakfast or for more information please email Sue McCarthy
or call 622-9288 by Sept. 21. We look forward to seeing you!
Where and when?
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, Old Town, Governors, 7-9 a.m., sponsored by Farm Credit East and BBC Land Inc.
- Thursday, Sept. 27, Caribou Motor Inn, 7-9 a.m., sponsored by Huber Resources, Farm Credit East and Seven Islands.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3 Scarborough, Eggs & I, 7-9 a.m., sponsored by Farm Credit East and Weyerhaeuser.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, Farmington Homestead Restaurant, 8-10 a.m., sponsored by Stratton Lumber, American Forest Management and Farm Credit East.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 Calais, Calais Inn, sponsored by Farm Credit East and Woodland Pulp.
Copyright © Maine Forest Products Council. All Rights Reserved.